Monday, July 1, 2013

Koro's workout plan: Day 1

Hey ladies and gents! As the title of the post indicates, I decided to share some of my personal workouts with you guys. 

This is how I workout usually:
Yoga + Cardio Mondays
Yoga+ Arms & Legs (Weight training) Tuesdays
Yoga + HIIT Cardio Wednesdays (High-intensity Interval Training)
Yoga + Arms & Legs (Weight training) Thursdays
Yoga + Butt Fridays 
Saturdays and Sundays are my rest days but if I feel like I need an extra workout, I do it on Saturdays and it's usually something light. I stick to this routine but it does switch up when I get lazy or I feel like I need a break or I need a burst of Cardio. It really depends on my mood. Notice I didn't put any days for Abs, it's really because I work my core muscles a lot when I do Cardio & Weights. 

Now seeing as today was Monday, I did Cardio and a new workout challenge (I love a good challenge) I found on Instagram. I'm going to list exactly what I did, how much time I spent on each exercise & how many times I did each one. I suggest you eat an hour and a half before doing this workout because you are going to be using a lot of energy. I was completely spent after I was done. 

While you want to keep at your own pace, try to do this with little breaks in between. I usually do 5 second breaks between each one. Don't rest for a minute because you'll just tire out easily halfway through. Push your body, it can handle it. Trust me.

Part one: Cardio (one round):

Jumping Jacks (30 sec)
High Knees (30 sec)
Squat Jumps (30 sec)
Alternating Lunges (30 sec)
Squat Taps (30 sec)
Frog Jumps (30 sec)
Back lunge to high knee (30 sec)
Skater Hops (30 sec)
Mountain climbers (60 sec)
Push Ups (30 sec)
Bicycles (60 sec)
Standing elbow to knee (30 sec)

Part two: July fitness challenge. I modified this to fit my level of fitness. Feel free to increase or decrease the number of times you do these exercises :)

10 Push ups (repeat two twice)
15 crunches (repeat twice)
 20 lunges (10 on each leg, repeat twice)
25 squats (repeat three times)
30 second plank (repeat three times)
40 jumping jacks (repeat three times)

And that's about it! Don't forget to stretch before and afterwards. If you have any questions, feel free to email us @ Obifitness@gmail.com tweet at us: @fitnigeria or you tweet at my personal account @Birkinbad


Enjoy your workout! Toodles. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

FitNigeria: Your health & Fitness brand Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger